THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, November 6, 2009

No!!!! Not Jane Austen!!

I love Target. Everyone and anyone who knows me knows this. And I looooooove to read. Again everyone and anyone who knows me most definitely knows this. I love classics. I love classics so much, that I don't want them touched by another writer. And I love Jane Austin. My absolute all time fave rave classic is Pride and Prejudice. My second favorite of Jane Austen's is Sense and Sensibility. So imagine my horror when I walked down the book isle in Target and saw this....

Sense and Sensebility and Sea Monsters!


and

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies!

Both novels were rewritten by someone named Seth Grahame-Smith. Why would someone do that? Why would someone take such a loved classic and turn it into such a monstrosity??!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Susie and Jay Larson said...

Hi Kathy, pretty crazy hu?! I actually got P&P and zombies for my birthday from Jay this year and it is quite funny (: