THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 1, 2010

The best uncle there ever was!

This is my great uncle Leo. He is my grandma's brother. And he's seriously German!! I love this man. He has always been like a grandpa to me. And lucky me, he loves me too! My official title is "favorite niece Kathy". And nope, I'm not kidding. Almost a year ago he was given 6 months to live, and look at him! He just turned 95 and he is still going strong.

Uncle Leo and I used to hang out (back when they lived in Whittier) and watch old movies late into the night. He introduced me to the good old oldies "Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers". He used to pick me up when I was a teenager so that I could spend the weekend with them. He used to teach me phrases in German and discuss the Holocaust with me (and remind me that he wasn't actually in Germany during that time whenever I would get upset!) He used to give me quarters before I would go to a school formal and tell me to call him if I needed him to come pick me up because some boy wasn't behaving. And he has always watched out for me. I love him dearly.


His 95th birthday cake. Chocolate. Yummy.

Aunt Peggy and Uncle Leo

0 comments: