THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 11, 2009

Here sishy sishy sishy....

"I want to hold the sishie!!"

Ok, seriously, my daughter is a fish murdering frog napper! Should I be worried? Yesterday Konner came and got me upstairs telling me that Kaylin got his "srogs". I asked him what frogs. And he said "My srogs, mom! Kaylin got them! Come here, I'll show you." I followed him, and sure enough one of my little aquarium frogs was on the floor in the corner behind a cabinet. Konner then said "And she has the ozzer one in her room! I'll go get it." And off he ran. He came back seconds later with my second frog! I took both frogs and put them back in the water. I then turned to my little doll, who was standing there watching Konner and I with her right hand fisted, not saying a word. Konner then says "And she has my sish too, mom!" What???!!!!!!

I asked her what she did with the fish. She said "In the sishie tank. So I looked and found one of my orange mollies floating dead, and only 2 live fish huddled in a corner looking traumatized. I asked her where my fish were and she says (totally irritated) "In the sishie tank!!". I looked at her hand and asked what was in her hand, and she just looked at me. I pried her hand open and found my black molly DEAD in her hand! I asked again "Where are my fish Kaylin???" "In the sishie tank!!! I then looked at her and noticed the scratches on her chest and tummy and I asked her where they came from. She grinned and said "The sishie tank." That's when I noticed that her face and hair were wet! What did she do???? Go bobbing for fish??? She got her bottom swatted and sent to her room. I searched for the other fish and found them hiding in the decorations. But two were dead. My 2 year old seriously killed 2 of my fish. Again, should I be worried? She fell asleep in her room and after she woke up I decided to have a talk with her. It went something like this.......
Me - Kaylin, you CANNOT take the fish and the frogs out of the water. They'll die.
Kaylin - I want to hold them.
Me - I know, but they have to stay in the water or they will die.
Kaylin - I want to hold them.
Me - Kaylin, fish have to live in the water. People breathe air, but fish breathe water. If you take fish out of the water they will die because they can't breathe.
Kaylin - I want to play with them and hold them and pet them and kiss them.
Ewe
Me - You can play with the dog and cat. You can pet the dog and cat, but you can't play with the fish.
Kaylin - I want to hold them!!
Me - KAYLIN!!! YOU CANNOT TAKE THE FISH OUT OF THE WATER! THEY WILL DIE! TWO FISH ALREADY DIED BECAUSE YOU TOOK THEM OUT OF THE WATER, DO NOT TAKE ANYMORE FISH OUT OF THE WATER! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Kaylin - I WANT TO HOLD THEM!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Me - Do not take the fish out of water, Kaylin Elizabeth or I will take them away!

I went into the kitchen, and after a few minutes Konner was back telling me that Kaylin was after the fish again. I go and check and sure enough, she is on the table at the tank again.

Me - Kaylin!!!! I said do not take the fish out of the water!
Kaylin - I want to hold them!

Today....
We were gone most of the day and when we came home she went straight for the fish tank.

Me - Kaylin, do you not understand me? I said you cannot hold the fish or play with them.
Kaylin - I want to hold them!
Me - Ok, if you touch the tank at all, even just touch it with your finger, you will get a bottom
swap and you will go to bed for the rest of the night.
Kaylin - I just want to hold them, mommy

Is she kidding me?! And again, should I be worried???

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

No, I don't think she's kidding. She wants to hold them!