THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My big girl!!!

Mike and I do not have the same idea of when it is a good time to get our daughter's ears pierced. He feels that when she turns 8 is a good time. I feel when she asks is a good time. Well that time (my time) has come! Last week Kaylin asked me if she can wear earrings like mommy does. So I asked her if she wanted to get her ears pierced, and she said yes. I explained to her that it will only hurt when her ears are being pierced, but then the pain goes away. And I gave her ear lobe a little pinch. I also told her that it will hurt more when she is older than it will now. And I promised her a prize if she made it through getting them pierced. And she still said she wanted them done.

So I took her to the mall today and got them done! I made sure that I went when 2 girls would be there to do both ears at the same time. The girls were great with Kay. They told her what they were going to do before they did it. And they talked to her about her. After they were done, Kay smiled and giggled and looked at her new earrings. No meltdown, no crying, no whining, no complaining, nothing. She never once mentioned that it hurt. As soon as we got home she showed Papa her new earrings. As soon as daddy walked in the door she showed him her new earrings. She loves them!

Before


And after

0 comments: