THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 11, 2008

On being POSITIVE and thankful...

My sister-in-law Liz has the best Blog. Every time I read it I am so impressed with what she does with it. She has this Thankful Sunday post that she does every Sunday, and I have liked it from the moment she has done it. I didn't want to be a thief, but...... Can I steal the idea from you Liz and use it? She also has a word of the year, and this year her word is "POSITIVE". I won't be stealing this idea from her but it made me realize just how not positive I have been this past year. And I think I need to take opportunities to remember what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my husband and all that he does for our family. He works so hard to support us. And he loves us so much. I read this article about this man who threw his four children off a bridge because he was fighting with his wife. My heart goes out to this woman, and at the same time I am thankful for the love and devotion that Mike has for his children.

I am thankful for my son Konner. That kid is amazing. He keeps us laughing with his silly antics and the funny things he says. He loves to give me hugs and nose kisses. And I love receiving them.

I thankful for my daughter Kaylin. She is such a sweetheart. Heaven to Kay is being in mommy's arms. She gives hugs now too. And I love Kaylin hugs!

I am thankful for Dee, who let's me cry when I need to and then tells me what I need to hear, let that not be confused with what I want to hear!! She has known me my whole life and continues to love me.

I am thankful for Tammie and Stephanie, who are my girls. No matter where we are or what we are going through we find a way to be real friends. Real friends are hard to find and keep for a lifetime, and I am lucky to have two of them. When I have a hurt and I need a cry, they listen and then they do what every emotional girl needs.....they tell me what I want to hear! I love you girls!!

And I am thankful for my bishop. Wait....., hold on, not quite there with this one yet! I am still working on being thankful for my bishop who showed up at my house Wednesday night to tell me that he would like for me to speak on temples in Sacrament a week from this Sunday. I have not spoken in Sacrament in 6 years, and I am terrified of public speaking. But none the less, I'll be doing it. I'll be sick to my stomach, and I'll shake, and I'll even cry when it is over, but I'll be blessed for it, right???

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm thankful for you too! We're girls for life ; )

Michelle said...

Yea!!! You'll do great on Sunday!! Good luck! ;)

I was raised in a barn said...

Thanks for the shout out-thats nice! Love this post!! You'll do great on Sunday- if you prepare, pray and go from the spirit you'll be fine!! Good luck!!

annie said...

Great post! How did your talk go?