THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

All in a hard day's work!

So I have been working for an old friend doing projects around his house. It's definitely been an experience. I'm a girly girl, I don't like dirt, and I hate to sweat. So what am I doing for my friend? Playing in the dirt and sweating!!!


He turned his swimming pool into a goldfish and Koi pool. It's really cool. It's so relaxing to sit by the pool and watch the fish and listen to the water from the waterfall.
Whenever we need anything from Home Depot, like today we needed gravel, I get into this huge truck and drive to Home Depot with my pigtails and try to convince the Mortor guy to give me sand in a bag and not to just dump it into the back of the truck.
Lately I have been working on a block retaining wall with Nikkie. Nikkie and I both work for Jim and his very manly projects.
I actually drove this Backhoe. Scared me a little, but it is definitely cool to say I drove that thing!
This thing is actually an unfinished waterfall into the fish pool. We built up the walls to it and built a little pond so there are two falls. But it isn't finished.
That's Pogo. He's always in the way.

So seriously, working for Jim has been hard at times, but I am defitely more well rounded than I was just 6 months ago. I still hate to sweat and I still hate dirt, but now I know how to build a retaining wall!!!

2 comments:

I was raised in a barn said...

good 4 u!!

Kasey said...

Ok, I cannot imagine you doing all that manual labor involving dirt and sweat but I think it's very cool. Way to go!