THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

25 again

Another year older, another year gone. I soooooooooo hate turning another year older each year. And since I am boycotting any and all pictures of me until I have this baby and lose a boat load of weight, I won't be adding any pictures to this post. Instead I'll just tell you about my day....

I woke up this morning with a little face in my face saying "mommy, I want unnawear." Every morning Konner wakes up and the first thing he does is takes off his pull up and puts underwear on, he really hates wearing a pull up - gets in the way of his big boy complex. So I told him where his underwear was and sent him off to his toyland in the living room. Then I hear "mommy, my go potty!!" coming from Kaylin's room through the monitor. Oh well, no sleep for the weary.

So the day has begun. I had planned to make myself a very chocolately cake and teach my kids to sing happy birthday to me. .....Let's just say that the day did not at all go as planned, and I did not get the chance to make my cake. We'll call today another one of those todller days where everything is the end of their world and you cannot get a single productive thing done. When we got home from our errands, I was feeling pretty low and thinking about how I was going to leave the kids with Mike and go to Baskin Robbins and just get an ice cream cake, because darnit I wanted cake! But when I got home Mike had roses and a cake for me. He lit candles and got the kids to sing Happy Birthday to me. Then he got them to clean their mess in the living room and put them to bed at bedtime. Oh thank goodness for the daddy!!!

Mike, thanks so much for your love and support and for teaching the kids to sing happy birthday to me!! I love you so much!

Chi Wa Su, thank you for the phone call this morning. It was so good to talk to you. And thank you for the shout out in your blog. The walk down memory lane was so much fun! Any time you want to remember the mischeif we got into as teenagers, you just give me a call!! Maybe I should write it all down. You know, to keep it alive!

Steph, all I can say to you is thank you for being you. I love you.

Marilyn, thanks for the cards. They were so very much appreciated. And thank you for the funny boy I married. Where would I be without him?

Tammie, thanks for the email. It meant a lot to me. We're growing up, man!!!!

Jessie, my love, I miss you. Come home.

Liz, Michelle, and Susie, thank you for the posts. These blogs are such a wonderful way to keep in touch and updated with the Rigby family. Michelle, thank you for always being willing to talk to me and help me with anything I need input on.

And everyone else who called me today to wish me a happy birthday...thank you!! You have no idea how nice those calls were on my crazy day!!

Much love!

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Glad to see Mike came through for you. It looks like you can teach an old dog new tricks? Maybe?

Michelle said...

That was a very sweet post.
I'm sorry I didn't call on your birthday. Things are pretty crazy here. 6 kids is a lot of kids. Complete chaos at all times. Is it still 2008? Cuz I don't remember anything...
:)